formed from the acquisition of Complex Media Inc. through a joint venture by Verizon and Hearst. Today, it is a global lifestyle brand and media company and one of the most influential voices in popular culture. Complex Networks'
digital channels, which include Complex News, First We Feast, Pigeons & Planes, Sole Collector and more, are the Top 10 publishers in the U.S. for social engagement on channels like Facebook and YouTube. A diversified and profitable media business with premium distribution partners such as Netflix, Hulu, Pluto TV, Roku, and iFlix. Complex Networks'
original content exemplifies convergence culture, exploring topics that span across popular culture from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food.
We're looking for a Newsletter Editor to shape the voice, write/edit/produce, and help us expand the utility and frequency of our portfolio of newsletters which reach the inboxes of hundreds of thousands of subscribers every week.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of Complex's voice and areas of coverage, as well as the ability to package and contextualize timely topics for our audiences. As a Newsletter Editor, you'll work across Editorial and Audience Development to manage all the editorial logistics of our newsletter production process. Furthermore, you'll be responsible for helping develop new strategies that further engage our audience by providing unique email offerings that are not available at other Complex touch points.Please share samples of your work by including either a portfolio or links to your published content along with your application.
- Editorialize, contextualize and produce recurring newsletters across our portfolio of brands
- Ensure correct tone, voice, clarity, flow, and structure of content
- Work directly with Audience Development and Editorial teams and serve as the main point of contact for all Complex editorial newsletters
- Work with Audience Engagement lead to architect the launch of new newsletters and serve as Editorial lead for its success
- Help raise the bar on quality and original curation, format and voice across Complex Networks' portfolio of newsletters
- Ensure that content adheres to in-house style guide
- Proofread, re-structure, and edit email content
- Craft and send our various newsletters
- Work with Audience Development Lead to optimize and test subject lines, select attention-grabbing images to highlight stories, generate new ideas and themes, manage calendar, and optimize email traffic and engagement (e.g. open rates and click-through rates)
- Proven work experience as a Content Editor, Email/Newsletter Editor, Social Editor or similar role
- Portfolio of published work
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- HTML preferred but proficiency not required
- Attention to detail
- Hands-on experience with Email Service Providers (Ex. Mailchimp, Sailthru, Constant Contact)
- Familiarity with basic email metrics such as open rates & click-through rates
- Interest in music, fashion, food, and pop culture
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or related field
offers an awesome casual work environment with a great team of smart, motivated, innovative and fun people. We hold tons of events throughout the year including happy hours and team building activities.About Complex Networks
develops and distributes original programming for its channels and through output deals with premium distributors. The company cultivates content that spans across popular culture from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food, reaching the coveted 18-24-year-old male audience. In 2016, the company launched ComplexCon in Long Beach, California, to bring the "Internet to life." The annual event attracts over 200 culture-shifting brands and over 60,000 digitally savvy attendees to the two-day cultural festival.