Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Thomas Steel Strip Corp. Warren Ohio, United States of America - $75k per Year
Mechanical Maintenance Technician
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an incredibly stable manufacturing facility that has been in business for almost 100 years and has the backing of a large global organization!
Thomas Steel Strip Corp. is searching for an experienced Mechanical Maintenance Technician for their facility in Warren, OH.
If you have at least 3 years of mechanical/hydraulic maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment, we want
to hear from you.
- Install, inspect, test and repair pipes, pipelines, fittings, valves, some sanitary systems, sprinkler systems, fire hydrants, flow meters, pressure indicators, pumps, hydraulic systems, etc., critical to operation of the plant.
- Operate equipment in conjunction with repairs
- Inspect, troubleshoot, repair, rebuild and adjust pneumatic tools and motors
- Install, remove, troubleshoot, repair or rebuild normalize and anneal furnace tubes, burners, cooling system and fuel systems
- Install or revise existing or new farval and trabon type grease lube systems.
- Installs, troubleshoots, and repairs or rebuilds any type of valve, such as:
- gate valve - check valve - reducing valve - safety valve - flushing valve - relief valve - float valve - air and hydraulic servo and proportional valves - faucets.
- Installs and maintains any type and size accessory, such as: drain traps - steam traps - air traps - water meters - gauges - strainers - siphons - waste connections - back flow preventers - filters - air dryers.
- Inspect, troubleshoot, repair, rebuild, install and adjust all pumps required for the operation of the plant.
- Makes up any type joint, such as: screwed - flanged - expansion - bell - spigot - chemical bonded.
- Measures pipe and fittings.
- Bends pipe, hot or cold, to template or as required.
- Reads blueprints and drawings, makes sketches and templates.
- Perform tack welding in conjunction with Pipefitter craft.
- Candidate must have a minimum of a High School Diploma, GED or equivalent from an accredited school.
- Candidate must have three (3) years of mechanical maintenance experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment or equivalent; or military experience;
- Candidate must have three (3) years of experience in troubleshooting/repairing mechanical systems, print reading, hydraulics, pneumatics, welding/burning, pipefitting, rigging, and crane repair among others.
- Candidate must be able to work alone, with minimal supervision or work with other Maintenance Technicians in the performance of maintenance tasks
- Candidate must be willing to work at heights, work in extreme heat and cold, must be willing to work a rotating shift that shall include weekends and holidays as well as, climb and or walk on uneven surfaces.
- Candidate must have a valid driver's license is required to operate mobile equipment.
- Ideal candidates will have excellent communication skills, be highly motivated and be willing to work in a self-directed team environment with minimal supervision and direction.
- Ideal candidates will have excellent work attendance record, be willing to report to work as scheduled, flexibility to work overtime as needed or directed.
Some of the benefits to you:
- Competitive pay - Depending on experience level, plus monthly production and yield bonuses.
- Excellent benefits - Including: medical, dental, and vision (low premiums!); 401k; vacation time; and union pension.
- Company stability - Thomas Steel has been in business since 1923 and has since been acquired as production site for Tata Steel Plating Europe, a global division of Tata Steel.
- Hours - Must be able to work rotating shifts.
Don't let this opportunity pass you by! Apply now!
In order to be considered, a resume must be included with your application. Must be authorized to work for any US employer without sponsorship now or in the future.
About the Company: With a history dating back to the early 1920s, Thomas Steel Strip is today recognized as a world-class industry leader in plating. Whether your applications require cold-rolled or plated steel, you can be confident that Thomas Steel will provide products that meet the highest levels of dimensional and plating layer precision.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $26.00 - $28.00 per hour