WKBN 27 First News in Youngstown, Ohio is looking for a capital "J" Journalist to report big city news in a small market. You can gain a lot of live reporting and anchoring experience with our 11 hours of weekday newscasts, 4 ½ hours on weekends. We believe in live coverage and expect multiple live shots on every shift.
The Multimedia Journalist position will create live and prerecorded stories for 3 network affiliates and a fast-growing digital news source operating out of multiple studios in our building. MMJs are expected to shoot, edit, write, and produce.
You'll also get to live in a community with great food, great people and the largest city park in Ohio. If you like to get outdoors after work, check out Mill Creek Metroparks. Youngstown is midway between Pittsburgh and Cleveland. You can be at a Browns or Steelers game in an hour.
The successful candidate will have a track record of working efficiently, multitasking and troubleshooting in order to successfully meet challenging deadlines. You will excel at enterprising story ideas and developing sources.
Please be sure to include a link to your work in your resume.
JOB SUMMARY: Research, writing, capturing visual content and editing general assignment stories for multiple platforms.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Produce content for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, mobile, etc.
* Work with management to enterprise and develop stories on a daily basis.
* Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms.
* Organize material, determine angle or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
* Gather and verify factual information regarding stories through interview, observation and research.
* Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
* Conflict management.
* Detail oriented.
* Demonstrate editorial judgment using knowledge of journalism ethics and libel laws.
* Strong on-air reporting, writing, and technical skills.
Education/Experience: Bachelors degree Journalism required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education) + (1) one year’s experience as a multi-platform journalist.
Training/Equipment: Camera and camera equipment. Newsroom computer system. Video editing and transmitting equipment.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: Position requires the operation of camera, camera equipment, computer and editing machine, and transport of equipment weighing up to 60 lbs. High stress environment with deadline pressures. Travel will be required on a regular basis. Work may be performed in extreme outdoor temperatures. A valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record are required.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Apply online at http://www.wkbn.com/about-us/work-for-us