This is an ofsted outstanding nursery based in Wimbledon. They are currently seeking an experienced Manager to be based initially at their Wimbledon site but will then spearhead the opening of their new nursery in Teddington.
Role & Responsibilities of a Nursery Manager:
* Promote clients vision and ethos to ensure a child-centred, safe and stimulating environment is provided, meeting the needs of every individual within a group setting.
* Lead the nursery team, promote positivity and professionalism.
* Manage the commercial success of the nursery by achieving and maintaining target occupancy levels.
* Develop and implement a proactive marketing plan, represent and promote the nursery at relevant social and marketing events.
* Manage the day to day operational and organisational aspects of the nursery in line with policies and procedures, safeguarding, Ofsted requirements, local authority guidance, health and safety and equal opportunities.
* Effective management of the nursery budget and monitoring parent accounts to ensure timely collection of nursery fees.
* Stock / equipment control and procurement.
* Collate reports and statistical information as required.
* Positive role model able to develop positive relationships with staff, colleagues, parents, children and outside agencies.
* Effective leader with a genuine desire to train and develop staff, supervising and supporting their professional development and day to day practice.
* Management of staffing levels, through recruitment to ensure staffing ratios are at the required levels and managing sickness and absence.
* Ensure that all aspects of the Statutory Framework for Early Years Foundation Stage and Welfare requirements are delivered to the highest standard.
* Work in partnership with local childcare / education providers, health providers and all other agencies.
* Develop and maintain procedures for review and assessment of each child's progress.
* Implement and manage an effective parent liaison programme.
Key Skills & Experience for a Nursery Manager
* Must have worked previously within a nursery at a managerial level for a minimum of 1 year.
* Hold a relevant childcare qualification - minimum Level 3.
* Strong knowledge of Ofsted requirements.
* Experience of implementing the Statutory Framework for Early Years Foundation Stage.
* Able to demonstrate ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload.
* Good planning, organisational and budget management skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work full-time (40 hour per week on rota)
* Eligible to obtain Enhanced DBS Reference and able to provide original copies of required qualifications