MAT Recruitment are working with a successful Multi Academy Trust to recruit an outstanding, passionate and highly motivated Science Lead to work across their schools in the North.
This position is suitable for a successful Head of Department, Lead Practitioner or aspiring Assistant Headteacher who has shown themselves to be a strong classroom practitioner and a skilled leader. We are looking for people who really understand how to support rapid improvement. You may have experience as a senior leader, but this is not essential. You'll have proven yourself in your work to date and be highly ambitious to progress further.
Candidates will ideally have effective management experience and will be capable of working hard to raise standards across several Science departments. This is a fastastic opportunity for colleagues who wish to progress their careers, but stay within their chosen subject discipline. The successful candidate will liase with middle leaders across the trust to improve T & L..
This unique role will interact closely with the rest of the education team to ensure that teaching methods are consistent across the Trust. It is expected that practitioners will have an exceptional knowledge of curriculum frameworks and provide support for departments who are developing their curriculum offer in light of the Ofsted Framework.
This MAT can offer the successful candidate -
- A competitive salary
- A fantastic place to work with supportive and willing staff and students
- Opportunity to join a successful school part of a leading Multi Academy Trust.
- Outstanding CPD
- Opportunity for career development
The successful candidate will:
* Qualified to degree level and above
* Able to teach as a subject specialist to at least GCSE level, preferably A level, in one of the sciences (Biology, Chemistry or Physics) as a specialism
* Proven record in delivering outstanding attainment and progress in Science
* Experience of identifying, implementing, monitoring and evaluating effective strategies for improving attainment in Science
* Experience of leading, coaching and mentoring Science teachers, as well as delivering staff training to support improved attainment and progress
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants are subject to enhanced DBS clearance