We are looking to recruit on behalf of our client a Contracts Manager to join their existing team on a permanent basis.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Manage and implement site based H&S on projects - this should include (but not be limited to) the development, sign off and implementation of the RAMS on site, LOLER & PUWER inspections, and generally day to day H&S matters on site.
* Manage numerous installation teams on various projects at any one time.
* Oversee all project elements from design through to site completion - offer advice, instruction & guidance to the project team members as required.
* Ensure projects are completed to program, on budget and safely.
* Allocate site labour and manage accordingly on a day to day basis. Ensure sub contract labour is properly vetted and monitored accordingly and labour allocation records are kept and returned to head office as required.
* Produce detailed project and installation programs as required.
* Assist purchasing with packing lists, delivery schedules ect in line with the project installation sequence and program.
* Monitor project progress with reports and drop line programs and report back to client / company Directors accordingly.
* Highlight and record site issues back to the company commercial team / client in a timely fashion.
* Ensure instructions for variations are received and carried out in accordance with the contract and construction program as required.
* Offer input and suggestions to the design / installation team to solve problems both at design and installation stage. Assist with CDM compliance if required.
* Assist the commercial team with project valuations, sub contract labour payments, material delivery confirmations etc as required.
* Be able to keep clear concise records and documentation.
* Adhere to all current H&S legislation & keep up to date records as required.
* Attend site progress meetings when and where required.
* Be pro-active and adhere to deadlines.
* Be contactable and the clients point of contact throughout the project.
* Produce quality completion sheets (snagging lists) in accordance with the company's quality standards and the system supplier's recommendations and guidance.
* Knowledgeable of Cladding, Roofing and Curtain Walling systems. Ideally 5 years+ experience.
* In depth knowledge of at least one element of façade installation required (Glazing / Roofing / Cladding)
* SMSTS / SSSTS required
* CSCS Gold / Black Card required.
* Have a keen eye for detail.
* Ability to multi task essential.
* Good problem solving and time management skills essential.
* Computer literate - must have a sound knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook.
* Knowledge of construction programming software beneficial but not essential.
* 5 years' + experience as a Contracts / Site Manager Minimum higher education - HNC / BA Degree (industry experience will be considered)
* Full UK Driving Licence
* Have a pleasant approachable manner