We are currently seeking a number of specialist support staff to work within Primary schools in the Burnley area supporting pupils with special educational needs on a 1:1 basis from March 2021. Primary Schools are looking for individuals who are passionate about working with children and making a difference.
* To work in mainstream schools s with pupils with Learning Difficulties
* Must be confident supporting children with Autism, Downs Syndrome, or Cognitive Learning Disabilities.
* Use of interventions, such as phonics, PECS and Makaton
* Positive behaviour management strategies
* Pupils will vary from non-verbal to acquiring verbal skills
* Carry out administrative tasks if needed
Hold a childcare qualification or equivalent to
* Experience working with SEN children or young adults
* Be able to build strong working relationships with both pupils and staff
* Have strong behaviour managementIf this is a position you are interested in working in please apply with your most recent CV or contact Laura on (phone number removed) or email (url removed)
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
You must have legal right to work in the UK
You must be willing to attend a registration interviewVeritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community