A Senior Systems Engineer is required to develop and deliver Company and Customer Funded systems projects based upon state of the art technology. Activities will include all aspects of the Systems Engineering lifecycle from System Concept through to Delivery and Acceptance, including Bid Support, System Design and System Integration.
* Experience of systems design, integration & test.
* An understanding of Systems and Product lifecycles from concept through to delivery.
* An understanding of a range of Engineering disciplines (Software, Mechanical, and Electrical).
* Good inter-personal skills with the ability to communicate to all levels within the organisation and externally.
* The flexibility to apply skills and knowledge across a number of different projects and products across the organisation.
* Computer literate with a good standard of written English, capable of compiling accurate, detailed and well-presented technical proposals, specifications and reports.
* A willingness to travel. (NB whilst this role is based at our North London premises, a certain amount of business travel will be required depending upon project requirements).
Desirable (Not Essential):
* Experience of the whole product lifecycle (concept generation, concept demonstration, development, production and in-service support).
* Experience of working with and developing systems using communications protocols. (e.g. RS485, RS232, TCP-IP, Canbus etc.)
* Experience of working on product development for Naval Platforms.
* Experience of working on or with Navigation equipment.
* The ability to lead multi-skilled engineering teams.
* The ability to deliver engineering packages of work to time, cost and quality.
* Member of a Professional Engineering Institution (e.g. IMechE, IET, INCOSE).
* UK Security clearance.
* UK Driving License.
* Ideally qualified to Degree level in Engineering/Mathematics/Physics although relevant, equivalent experience is acceptable
All Senior Systems Engineering personnel are expected to show motivation and initiative in planning their own activities so as to achieve timely and effective results with little supervision. As this is a customer-facing role, a confident manner and smart appearance is required, with the ability to communicate clearly within the company at all levels and with customers whose first language may not be English.
* Adaptable, resourceful and proactive approach.
* Strong communication skills.
* Good presentation and time management skills.
* Customer and results focussed.
* An aptitude for problem solving and an eye for detail.
* Ability to adapt skills in a dynamic environment.
* Desire to investigate and utilise new technologies, processes and methods.
* A team player, able and willing to support others.
* Energy and enthusiasm