Position: Third In Charge
Salary Banding: £20,000 to £29,000 per annum (dependent on qualification/s and experience)
Hours: Full time / Permanent / Mon-Fri / 40 hours
Location: Chineham Park, Berkshire
Our lovely Chineham Park Day Nursery and Preschool are looking for a passionate, qualified Third in Charge to join their team on a permanent basis.
The role is to be based in our preschool room and working for us you can expect a competitive salary, great company benefits and excellent development opportunities.
Bright Horizons Nurseries, awarded "Great Place to Work" for 14 years are currently recruiting for a Third in Charge to join our Chineham Park Nursery in Basingstoke. The role is working full time, Monday - Friday and offers a salary of between £20,000 - £29,000 per annum.
About the Nursery:
Our recently refurbished Bright Horizons Chineham Nursery is located on Chineham Business Park well served by bus routes: 6, 7, 655, 656 & 657. The setting is open Monday to Friday 7.30am - 6pm and offers childcare to 125 children between the ages of 3 months to 5 years, set out over five different rooms, each tailored to a different age group.
As a Third in Charge working with us, you can expect a competitive salary, excellent training and development as well as a caring and passionate place to work.
93 % of our employees agree that "When I look at what we accomplish I feel a sense of pride"
Your role as Third in Charge will include:
* Promoting positive relationships with parents, children and colleagues
* Ensuring health, safety and wellbeing of the children at all times
* Being a key person carrying out all related responsibilities in building relationships with a small group of children and their families according to the EYFS
* Overseeing the smooth running and high quality practice within the room
* Supporting the Nursery Manager and Deputy Manager in times of need, which may include office related duties and opening/closing of the nursery
"5 out of 6 employees would recommend Bright Horizons as a Great Place to Work!"
You may have experience of the following: Senior Nursery Nurse, Head of Unit, Senior Nursery Practitioner, Room Supervisor, Room Manager, Senior Room Leader, Deputy Manager, Preschool Manager.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Consistently deliver and plan rich learning opportunities and exceptional care that helps all children to develop and meets their individual needs.
* Make accurate and effective assessments, which reflect the needs, interests and stages of development of the child by effective delivery of the key person approach.
* Ensuring an enabling environment is providing consistent stimulating and inspiring activities for the children in both the indoor and outdoor area as a continuous provision.
* Lead, mentor and inspire a team to deliver exceptional care and education and provide feedback to create a consistent approach of early years practice to include but not limited to regular 1:1's, Supervisions and appraisals.
* Designated Safeguarding Lead to promote the health, safety and welfare of children and employees and families in line with our child protection and keeping everyone safe policies and procedures.
* Responsibility to make referrals to external agencies and regulatory bodies.
* Ensure that British Values are incorporated and demonstrated through Early Years Foundation Stage learning and play.
* Ensure internal policies and procedures are adhered whilst also meeting the external legislation and guidelines from our governing bodies.
* Promote and follow guidelines implemented for managing behaviour including supporting children to manage their own feelings and behaviours.
* Continually work in partnership with colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals to meet the individual needs of the children ensuring a diverse and inclusive approach is maintained at all times.
Full and relevant Level 3 and or above (equivalent) Childcare qualification.
Current Paediatric First Aid